OKC By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy!

3 posters

Go down

Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy! Empty Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy!

Post by Tyler Bishop Thu May 07, 2015 1:46 am

"Please, just let me go,
"
the girl huddled in the corner of the bedroom sobbed.

Isaac Mercer glanced back over his shoulder as he rubbed his chest and felt the stirring inside him. He could feel the little legs clicking excitedly, a flurry of activity buried deep in his chest cavity. He eyed the woman on the floor and licked his lips hungrily, sliding his shirt off to expose his mangled torso. The skin was marred with open wounds and gashes; a grotesque visage that no one would suspect was hidden beneath the clothes. In those wounds stirred one of the most horrific aspects of this beast.

As he stepped closer to the girl his fangs descended and the hive inside him began to stir with a similar blood lust that he felt. Hundreds of tiny little legs chittered around inside him, the barely audible sounds echoing in his head as his need drove him further. A particularly adventurous pair of legs poked out of a wound on his shoulder, the owner eager to feed as well. As the legs pushed their way out and parted the wound the small, blood red spider squeezed its' way through, its' tiny little mandibles clicking with anticipation.

Dozens more raged inside him eager for fresh blood. Isaac’s body was infested with them and they had shared in his curse, feeding off the victims and sometimes feeding off of Isaac from the inside as well. Issac needed to feed again, the spiders inside him had been extremely hungry lately and he could feel them, day and night, constantly gnawing on him as the blood ran low.

"Be silent, child. This will be over soon,
"
Isaac rasped, his eyes feral as he approached the helpless woman.

As he drew closer more and more of the spiders began to appear. Most pushing through the wounds covering his body as others flooded from his mouth. By the time he reached the girl he was crawling with an ever-shifting carapace of them. The little arachnids moved in a frenzied pace as their prey drew closer.

The girl let out an ear-piercing screen and squeezed her eyes shut, not wanting to believe the nightmare scene that was unfolding. Her legs kicked and flailed as she tried to push herself further away from the horror before her. She felt it then; a big, strong hand clamping down on her shoulder and pinning her in place with ease. She chanced a look, her eyes opening slowly as she struggled to see beyond the tears while continuing to beg for mercy.

But there was no trace of the man that had led her here. In his place stood this ravenous, spider-infested horror and it was more than she could process. She watched as the spiders swarmed down the arm that held her and felt bite after bite as each spider dug into her skin. There were so many, and the latched on so quickly, that she lost count almost immediately.

Issac dove in for the kill, his fangs sliding deep into the soft flesh at the crook of the girls neck, sinking deep into her. She whimpered, her fists beating against his back, her screams slowly losing intensity as the life was being sapped from her by dozens of hungry mouths. She struggled and squirmed, opened her mouth to yell again but started to gag as one of the slippery little spiders darted into the open orifice.

Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy! UIFx1X

She tried to spit it out but it latched on to her tongue.

She tried to push her attacker off, but he was far too strong.

She tried to think... but the darkness was closing in too fast.

With one last gasp the final trace of life was drained from her.

As the body crumpled to the floor the spiders swarmed over it, biting, burrowing into, and devouring the flesh in a swarming frenzy.

Tyler Bishop
Tyler Bishop

Character Sheet
Appearance: Four: Exceptional
Health: Uninjured
Apparent Age: 31

Back to top Go down

Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy! Empty Re: Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy!

Post by Tyler Bishop Thu May 07, 2015 10:20 am

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I was thinking of occasionally posting little story snippets now and then, and always welcome feedback.
Tyler Bishop
Tyler Bishop

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy! Empty Re: Plenty of Mouths to Feed - Just a random short story... enjoy!

Post by Vicar Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Simple, yet terrifying.

Despite the simple fact that everyone participating in this game is writing a good deal, it had not occurred to me previous to this post that "extra-curricular" writing may be something folks here would want to share. If there's enough interest, I would not be against setting up a forum on the board for "non-OKC, WoD flash fictions." I believe that specification would keep what is being shared thematically relevant, but make it clear that anything written has no effect on the game.

The flash-fictions at the beginning of each chapter have almost always been the most memorable sources of WoD anecdotes to me, and I feel like your piece shared above would fit well in their number.
Vicar
Vicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Bishop Thu May 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Your words are too kind! And I do enjoy writing little snippets like this. I had a few more rolling around in my head as well.

Seems that only you and I seem to appreciate them, however. (subtle hint to anyone else reading this haha) but I still plan on posting more.
Tyler Bishop
Tyler Bishop

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FARRIS Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry I read this when you posted it last night, but didn't have time to reply.

I think it's an excellent example of a minimalist style, a personal favorite of mine.

You describe just enough that I can see it in my mind without you having to get verbose to describe every detail.

It's how I try to describe scenes in this game, just enough details that it makes your imagination take off on it's own.

All that praise now done....I fucking hate spiders. Fuck that shit, and fuuuuuck whatever the monster in this story is.

No thank you - do not want.
FARRIS
FARRIS
Admin

Character Sheet
Appearance: Zero: Terrifying
Health: Mauled (-2 dice)
Apparent Age: 750

https://okcbynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Bishop Thu May 07, 2015 10:16 pm

haha
Tyler Bishop
Tyler Bishop

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down